Sunday, December 10, 2017

What Now?

Okay, I would have written this post last week, but my computer monitor snuffed it on me; and I didn't want to be writing this in a public library with three high school students reading the post over my shoulder.

Which they did read my last two post-writings from my other two blogs until a librarian told them to move on and it was rude to read what people were writing on a computer... to which one said, 'Well, why are they writing it here then?' 

So, there I was wanting to write the next post about the NaNoWriMo and what we do now about our 50,000 words and what happens with it all... which is: wait a month.

Yes, we wait a month until around January where we get in and start on the editing and fleshing-out process of the book. This could mean that the book goes from the initial 50,000 words to over 80,000 words... oohh... look at that last number! That's a real book there, dear reader/writer!

I'm looking forward to this part, as I've written so many books and yet they don't really get off the ground as well or easily as they would if they were edited properly. 

Now, with the 'what now' part of the process, I'm hoping to get this book finished by around March or so. 

So, yes, this is the fun part of the writing for me... I love to pick apart my work and make it sound better, look better and really make it become a living breathing creature from my imagination.

Okay, I've spooked you enough. Now, it's close to Christmas, I'm going to be busy during these holidays too... so I'm hoping to get in and do some reading of any books around the house, and declutter my home office too. So, do tell us what you're all going to get up to this holiday, now you know what I'm going to get into. Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment